Wednesday, 30 December 2009
We are very much looking forward to am amazing year ahead, hopefully a hot summer and a lot of positive action and belief.
Porridge with choice of condiments including nuts, dried fruit, honey and muscovado sugar £2.20
Croissants with Italian roast ham, taleggio cheese, plum tomatoes and spinach £3.50
Ciabattini with poached egg, english bacon, tomato salsa, aioli and rocket £3.50
Traditional Bircher Muesli pots with homemade rhubarb and raspberry compote £2.50
Wheat Free Muesli made with dried nuts and fruit, chopped popcorn and rhubarb and raspberry compote £2.50
Raspberry Jam Doughnut Muffins £1.50
Courgette and Cheese Muffins £1.50
Super Moist Chocolate Brownies £1.80
Lemon Cream Cheese Frinads (Wheat Free) £1.70
Portuguese Tarts £1.50
Apple and Cinnamon Bread £1.50
Chocolate Chip or Butternut Cookies £1.20
Banana Bread £1.50
Soups (£3.00 or £3.50)
Parsnip, chilli and coriander
Tomato and Creme Fraiche
Sea Salt and Rosemary Foccacias filled with
Smoked salmon, capers, red onion, dill, aioli and spinach £4.50
Italian Roast ham with herb ricotta and rocket £4.50
Retro Baguettes filled with
Italian Roast ham, red onion, plum tomato, rocket, aioli and dijon £4.00
Bufala Mozzeralla, plum tomato, basil and aioli £4.00
Salads (small £4.50/large £6.50)
Portobello Mushrooms stuffed with parsley, parmasan cheese, nuts, bread crumbs and olive oil
Roast tomato, courgettes, caramelised red onion with rocket and homemade pesto
Roast aubergine and chestnut salad with tahini dressing
We hope to see you in 2010 and are sure you will enjoy what we have to offer with quality, seasonal food and very very good coffee. If you do read this menu/blog and then come in, please do let me know! There is a chocolate brownie waiting for you.
The Kaffeine crew.
Sunday, 27 December 2009
I am sorry it is a bit late, but this is just so that we are all aware of our Christmas hours over the festive period. Like most other good, independant cafes in London, we are closed over the Christmas New Year period for a well deserved break.
If you are looking for a hit of caffeine over this time, I suggest Flat White in Berwick Street.
Thursday 24th closed all the way through to the 4th of January.
January 4th we're open with usual hours.
7.30 am to 6 pm
Have a fabulous Christmas and a wonderful New Year. We really really appreciate all the support in our first year. We are very much looking forward to an amazing 2010.
Peter, Catherine, Jared, Estelle, Rhea, Erin.
Sunday, 6 December 2009
Mince Pies? Italian style Pan Forte? Simply amazing chocolate rum balls? It's all about Christmas over the next 2 and a half weeks as we get into the festive spirit (we are always in good spirits at Kaffeine, why wouldn't we be?), but now we are getting festive, and perhaps a bit silly on occasions too, who knows....
· Porridge with condiments of chopped dried fruit or nuts, muscovado sugar,
honey or golden syrup 2.20
· Bircher Muesli pots with rhubarb and raspberry compote 2.50
· Wheat free muesli with nuts, dried fruit, popped corn, rhubarb & raspberry compote 2.50
· Croissants with roast ham, plum tomatoes and taleggio cheese 3.50
· Ciabattini with poached egg, English bacon, spinach and tomato salsa 3.50
· Seven Seeded loaf toast with homemade preserves and French butter 1.50
· Croissants 1.60
· Pain au raisin 1.90
· Almond Croissants 2.30
· Pain au Chocolate 1.80
Own baked treats and sweets
· Chocolate and blackberry muffins 1.50
· Squash and courgette muffins 1.50
· Mince pies 1.70
· Panforte 1.50
· Simply amazing chocolate rum balls .50
· Super moist chocolate brownies 1.80
· Portuguese tarts 1.50
· Banana Bread 1.50
· Carrot cake friands 1.70
· Cinnamon and Raisin bread 1.50
· Potato, Pea and Rosemary OR White Carrot, Chilli and Coriander 3.00/3.50
Thin Foccacia with sea salt and olive oil crust
· Bufala mozzarella, plum tomatoes, rocket and aioli 4.50
· Smoked Salmon and Spinach with home made aioli 4.50
French retro baguettes
· Coppa Costa (Italian Roast Ham), rocket, plum tomato, red onion and dijon 4.00
· Courgette, plum tomato, gruyere and aioli 4.00
· Courgette, red peppers, potato, onion, tomato and oregano 3.50
· Camargue red rice, ham, cranberries, red onion, rocket, red onion and courgette and pineapple dressing 4.50 /6.50
· Roast parsnip, chilli and sage 4.50 /6.50
San Pellegrino Cans 1.50
· Aranciata, Chinotto, Limonata
· Orange Presse 1.50
· Citron Presse 1.80
Chegworth Valley Juices
· Cox and Bramley, Pear, Apple and Raspberry, Apple and Elderflower 1.90